The SRIS Law Group defends clients charged with reckless driving regularly before the different traffic courts in Virginia.
Two of most regularly charged reckless driving offenses in Virginia are reckless driving by speed and reckless driving general.
Please seriously consider calling our firm if you have been charged with reckless driving in Virginia. We have client meeting locations in Fairfax, Richmond, Loudoun, Lynchburg, Fredericksburg, Prince William and Virginia Beach.
Fairfax Criminal Defense Lawyer
Virginia 46.2-862 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
Virginia 46.2-852 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-852. Reckless driving; general rule.
Irrespective of the maximum speeds permitted by law, any person who drives a vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person shall be guilty of reckless driving.
Fairfax Criminal Defense Lawyer
Virginia 46.2-865 Reckless Driving Statute
46.2-865. Racing; penalty.
Any person who engages in a race between two or more motor vehicles on the highways in the Commonwealth or on any driveway or premises of a church, school, recreational facility, or business property open to the public in the Commonwealth shall be guilty of reckless driving, unless authorized by the owner of the property or his agent. When any person is convicted of reckless driving under this section, in addition to any other penalties provided by law the driver’s license of such person shall be suspended by the court for a period of not less than six months nor more than two years. In case of conviction the court shall order the surrender of the license to the court where it shall be disposed of in accordance with the provisions of § 46.2-398.
Most people are shocked that if you do donuts in a parking lot, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. If you spin your tires, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. Keep in mind that in Virginia, reckless driving is not a traffic offense. It is a criminal offense. Virginia has some of the strictest driving laws in the entire country. Be very careful about violating the different Virginia driving laws.
Talk to an experienced reckless driving lawyer who has gone before the different county traffic courts and knows how the different county traffic courts rule on reckless driving offenses.
Our Virginia traffic lawyers can and will do their best to help you. We are a simple phone call away.
As an added bonus, the following is a federal statute you might find relevant.
(a) Establishment. The Secretary shall establish an Advisory Commission of no more than fifteen members, to advise the Secretary concerning the development and implementation of a new or revised comprehensive management plan for Joshua Tree National Park.
(1) The advisory commission shall include an elected official for each County within which any part of the park is located, a representative of the owners of private properties located within or immediately adjacent to the park, and other members representing persons actively engaged in grazing and range management, mineral exploration and development, and persons with expertise in relevant fields, including geology, biology, ecology, law enforcement, and the protection and management of National Park resources and values.
(2) Vacancies in the advisory commission shall be filled by the Secretary so as to maintain the full diversity of views required to be represented on the advisory commission.
(c) Applicability of Federal Advisory Committee Act. The Federal Advisory Committee Act [5 USCS Appx.] shall apply to the procedures and activities of the advisory commission.
(d) Termination. The advisory commission shall cease to exist ten years after the date of its establishment.
The Congress hereby finds that–
(1) Death Valley and Joshua Tree National Parks, as established by this Act, protect unique and superlative desert resources, but do not embrace the particular ecosystems and transitional desert type found in the Mojave Desert area lying between them on public lands now afforded only impermanent administrative designation as a national scenic area;
(2) the Mojave Desert area possesses outstanding natural, cultural, historical, and recreational values meriting statutory designation and recognition as a unit of the National Park System;
(3) the Mojave Desert area should be afforded full recognition and statutory protection as a national preserve;
(4) the wilderness within the Mojave Desert should receive maximum statutory protection by designation pursuant to the Wilderness Act [16 USCS §§ 1131 et seq.]; and
(5) the Mojave Desert area provides an outstanding opportunity to develop services, programs, accommodations and facilities to ensure the use and enjoyment of the area by individuals with disabilities, consistent with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 [29 USCS § 794], Public Law 101-336, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12101), and other appropriate laws and regulations.
Our law firm assist clients in VA MD MA.
When a client is faced with a serious legal issue in Virginia, Maryland or Massachusetts, then they should serious consider calling the SRIS Law Group.
Our attorneys assist clients with the following types of legal issues:
We have client meeting locations in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Fairfax Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our Fairfax County Criminal Lawyer attorneys and staff speak following languages Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Mandarin and Spanish.
Due to our experience in defending clients charged with the above types of legal issues, we routinely appear before the courts in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Our attorneys are also licensed to appear in the federal district courts of Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
If you need help with certain types of federal cases, please feel free to call us and discuss your legal issue with us.